Aged tile-grout, and shadows from the dryer placed just next to the dining area. Multiply these storeys, blocks, and neighbourhoods of government-subsidised flats, and you get a tiny island state.
I received a Christmas mug from Starbucks once upon a time, and I use it almost every day of the year.
Rolled Oats with Everything Breakfasty
- Sunflower seeds
- Chia seeds
- Cranberries, Raisins, Blueberries, anything else.
- Rolled Oats
- Soy milk (or milk, or skip altogether)
- Throw the rolled oats into a pot of water, and get the fire going. Remember to watch this as you go along because the water just runs over when it starts to boil.
- Soak any dried berries / raisins in a bowl of water. I used tap water because it’s potable where I live; use drinking water if your pipes are old and/or people don’t drink tap water where you are.
- Break the walnuts by hand and leave them in a bowl.
- Throw in the sunflower seeds, almonds, and chia seeds.
- Add the oats into this bowl of seeds — some people like their oats watery; I prefer it drier.
- Pour in some soy milk (or not).
- Stir in the honey.
I used home-made soy milk from my grandma (she sent my grandfather on his way here again yesterday, with a pot of it). I also really, really like the Mandarin Orange / Wild Strawberry honey from Sugi Yoho-en in Kumamoto, Kyushu. The company has branches all around Japan so I usually get a few bottles whenever I visit. They’re quite a pain to carry around on a trip but I was a sad bear when I spent some time in Hong Kong without my bottles of honey.